Jesus the Messiah has warned us about impostors. But how to discern a false teacher and a false prophet?
Paul the Apostle has a simple advice. Stay put in solid Bible teaching. Old is gold. The new kids of the block are often those who have come to lead you astray.
2 Timothy 3:12-14
In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it,
(end of scriptures).
Being persecuted for teaching wrong doctrines, will produce crocodile tears. Imposer’s might claim to be under attack from Satan, but are basically under the discipline of God.
Nor is it noble accepting being persecuted by your own false shepherd. You must get out of such assembly of the wicked, and let the Holy Spirit guide you into a sound fellowship of followers of Jesus.
As a general observance. it is easier to discern a false prophet than a false teacher.
If a human being claim to be a prophet, but what he promise will take place, do not happen, he is exposed. Now, you better show this man the door of the fellowship. If you do not, the whole family of believers might sooner than later, fall into the trap set up by the man of Satan.
[ You Will Know Them by Their Fruits ] “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
False teachings is often messages that are welcomed. They itches in the ear of those who are gathered. Like the false prosperity gospel, given by claimed to be “pastors”. They want you to believe in an “ATM Jesus”, a copycat of the Messiah, invented in the Bottomless pit.
Preach the word!
Be ready in season and out of season.
Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
If those who have been deceived, had known about their apostasy, they would obviously have repented. But without anyone rebuking them boldly, and offer them deliverance, such persons will march right into the broad gates of Hell.
Those who deny that we are in the last age of deception, or do not care for deceived souls, are most likely a part of the massive deception themselves.
If you are spiritual awake, and not lukewarm, you will be able to see and understand.
[ The Great Apostasy ] Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
What are the characteristics of the most common impostors, and how will they get worse?
1. Those who worship idols, will try to force you to do likewise. Like accepting the Roman Catholic Eucharist.
2. Those who rape altar boys, will try to force them selves on your children. Like in Sodom and Gomorrah. Do not open your door for their supporters.
3. Those who worship demons, will try to lay their hands on you and demonize you too. Like in the Word of Faith movement, and in other Charismatic circles.
4. Those who love money, will start to rob at broad daylight. Like false shepherds who steal money from their own sheep.
5. Those who are slave of sin, will try to lead you into the same temptation as they fell for. Like all secular people who rejects the gospel.
6. Those who call for boycott of Israel, will start to support those who promise to find the “final solution” to the Jewish problem. Like in Nazi-Germany in 1941.
7. Those who accept abortion, will also accept killing of new born babies with defects. In the name of recession, and the need to cut public spending.
All of them will eventually unite, and worship and serve the last and final antichrist.
How can a man be sure to overcome all kind of evil and wickedness?
Without being baptized in the Holy Spirit, you will not be able to make it to the Kingdom of Heaven.
Heaven are not for people who reject sound doctrines, and often let the wolfs operate inside their fellowships.
Heaven is a place for all who surrender to the Lordship of Jesus of the Bible. They have been born again by the Spirit of God.
Surrender to the Messiah today. And your father God in Heaven will give you the Holy Spirit.
First published 8th of April, 2013
Written by Ivar