Anchor accuses management in Doha of provoking Egyptians, favoring the Muslim Brotherhood.
The news channel Al Jazeera Mubasher Misr saw 22 members of staff resign on Monday in Egypt over what they alleged was coverage that was out of sync with real events in Egypt.
Anchor Karem Mahmoud announced that the staff had resigned in protest against what he called “biased coverage” of the events in Egypt by the Qatari broadcaster.
Mahmoud said that the resignations had been brought about by a perceived lack of commitment and Al Jazeera professionalism in media coverage, adding that “the management in Doha provokes sedition among the Egyptian people and has an agenda against Egypt and other Arab countries.”
Mahmoud added that the management used to instruct each staff member to favour the Muslim Brotherhood.
He said that “there are instructions to us to telecast certain news”.
Haggag Salama, a correspondent of the network in Luxor, had resigned on Sunday accusing it of “airing lies and misleading viewers”. He announced his resignation in a phone-in interview with Dream 2 channel.
Meanwhile, four Egyptian members of editorial staff at Al Jazeera’s headquarters in Doha resigned in protest against what they termed a “biased editorial policy” pertaining to the events in Egypt, Ala’a Al Aioti, a news producer, told Gulf News by phone.
Source: Gulf News
Al-Jazeera or Voice of America, it seems to make no difference.
The best way to avoid Fascism spreading, is to block Fascists from coming to power. To be able to contain this kind of curse, you must obviously be willing to bell the cat, and call a Fascist for a Fascist. Like the leaders of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt.
Since there have never been any democratic Arab nation, the Muslims seems to have to chose between pest and cholera. To be ruled by totalitarian Generals, are surely a slower path down to destruction of cultures, families and societies, than to be brutally governed by Islamic Jihad’ists.
At least the Generals feel they are any day better rulers than the Imam’s, and any Ayatollah.
There were valid reasons why the Muslim Brotherhood was banned in Egypt, until it was re-branded by the US Administration as “a part of the Arab spring”. Billions of dollars was sent to Cairo to support the “brothers”.
Now, Barack Hussein Obama and all his like minded, have a problem to explain what went wrong:
Here are some obvious questions to be answered:
1. When did the Muslim Brotherhood change from being the bad guys, to become the good guys?
2. Was it when the Fascist leader Muhammad Morsi got his hands on US dollars, of after he won the election?
3. If if was after he won the elections: When the Nazi party won the election in Germany in 1932, also Adolf Hitler must have changed from bad to good. Simply because the people desired him to rule Germany?
4. The Military dictatorship in Egypt was the “good guys”, when Hosni Mubarak ruled in Cario with Washington D.C as one of the major sponsors. But when the people did not want Mubarak any more, he suddenly became the bad guy. Now, the military is again “the good guys”, without any electoral support.
5. It seems the rulers in Washington D.C also are bad guys. Because either way, they are in support of Fascism.
6. The military rulers have offered the Muslim Brotherhood seats in an Interim government. In the next second, the Generals called for the arrest of its leader. Soon the generals have promised, the same arrested leaders can ran for elections, and regain power.
They call it love, but it all look like Fascism to me.
If I am wrong, kindly correct me.
Written by Ivar