Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao sign series of cultural and economic agreements with Saudi Arabia.
This development which could have broad reaching consequences on the developing Iranian crisis.
The Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao, whose country has long been one of the Islamic Republic’s foremost customers for oil and natural gas, signed a series of cultural and economic agreements over the weekend with the government of Saudi Arabia.
According to the XinhuaChinese news agency trade between China and Saudi Arabia reached USD 58.5 billion in the first 11 months of 2011.
The new agreements included cooperation on the “peaceful use of nuclear energy,”.
This move was raising eyebrows in some quarters since China has previously supplied Saudi Arabia with intermediate range missiles which could, theoretically, be armed with nuclear warheads.
The deals could be a subtle signal to Iran by China that it has other options in the Gulf.
Source: International Christian Embassy, Jerusalem.
Saudi Crown Prince Nayef bin Abdel-Aziz (R) welcomes Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
China is ready to move into the vacuum caused by Pax-American failure and bankruptcy of the US economy.
There are manny geo-political implication in the Chinese move into Saudi Arabia.
1. China will also join the final army that will walk on Israel.
2. China gets 15 per cent of its energy from Iran. A US-Iranian war will threaten the supply of oil to China. Beijing finds if safe to play on both sides of the Persian Gulf.
3. Saudi Arabia is afraid that the US will not be able to keep the 5th fleet in Bahrain. An Iranian takeover is feared. China safeguards the supremacy of the royal family.
4. The Saudis have warned the US, that the Kingdom will buy some nuclear bombs if Iran get one. China has plenty.
5. China and Saudi Arabia is the biggest foreign creditors of the US. No global bailout of America is possible without the cash available in these two nations.
Written by Ivar