Mob destroyed Catholic statue in Rome

On 16th of October 2011, a statue of the “Virgin” was destroyed by Occupy Wall Street protesters.

Criminals have vandaized a Catholic statue, after robbing it from a Church.

Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said the attack was ‘horrible’ and condemned the violence and the fact that some protesters desecrated the church.

It is the church of Saints Marcellinus and Peter, near the square in front of the Basilica of St. John Lateran, where the most violent incidents took place.

The pastor of that church said that the statue of the Virgin Mary who stood at the entrance to the church was thrown into the street and crushed.

He added that the cross on the door of the sacristy is also destroyed.

Source: Europe Security News.

My comment:

I strongly condemn violence. I strongly condemn attacks on Churches, even those who I feel defame Jesus my Lord.

There can be no justification for such vandalism, as seen in these pictures and in the video below.

This is not the way to treat others religious items.

The Occupy Wall Street protesters were supported by the Vatican.

This is a huge paradox, when you see these pictures.

The Roman Catholics should also reflect, if God can be found by those who worship a statue made of stone.

A statue can not listen to your prayer, nor defend its self.  When it falls down, it is crushed into pieces.

Let us see what the Bible says:

Exodus 34:17
“Do not make any idols.

Isaiah 40:18-22

With whom, then, will you compare God?

To what image will you liken him?

As for an idol, a metalworker casts it, and a goldsmith overlays it with gold
and fashions silver chains for it.

A person too poor to present such an offering selects wood that will not rot;
they look for a skilled worker to set up an idol that will not topple.

Do you not know?

Have you not heard?

Has it not been told you from the beginning?

Have you not understood since the earth was founded?

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live.

(end of scriptures).

Please do not listen to the faulty advice of your priests. Listen to the Word of God.

Jesus the Messiah did not come to change a single letter of the Law, nor the prophets.

Do you Roger that! Do you copy?

Written by Ivar

15 thoughts on “Mob destroyed Catholic statue in Rome

1. Amen, Study the true Word of God, the Bible. Jesus is our Savior. Only God can draw us to Jesus to be his. No one on their own can ever come. With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible. Matthew 19:26

2. HalleluYAH!! Praise unto the Almighty Creator YHWH. I hope and pray we see more of the destruction of statues and icons that have a demon behind everyone of these Dumb, Deaf, Blind, and Lifeless useless figurines. May YHWH the true G-d enlighten these folks to know that HE is the only True and Supreme G-d. I pray more people around the world will be saved and be with Him in Heaven … HalleluYAH!!

1. Dear Jes

Sabbath Shalom.

You wrote:

My reply:

I guess you have not a single verse, where Yeshua gives us permission to give such statements?

How can we love our enemy, by motivating people to vandalize Churches?

Please reflect, and repent.

We must rather encourage and motivate the Roman Catholics to remove the idols from their house altars. Leave the Pope and his priests alone. Totally alone. Let all Catholics leave, and join fellowships where people obey the Bible.

1. Ivar, You are always, always, misunderstanding me. Did I mention that we should see more of vandalizing? I wrote “destruction” of those figurines because that is evil. Because it is an evil thing for human beings to worship satan and provoke the True G-d to anger when HE is the Creator of Human beings and Who deserves all worship. What have you got against me Ivar, why do you always have something contrary to say against my comments that majority of time is scripture based?

Have you forgotten how Yeshua(Jesus) was enraged at the money changers and other vendors and how He Himself turned their tables and scattered their money and wares? That was not a market place but the house of worship of His father. Matthew 21:12 – And Yeshua entered The Temple of God and cast out all of those who sold and bought in The Temple and upset the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves.
        Now do you call this violence or vandalizing? Because if you do, then you better repent.

As for your quote … “We must rather encourage and motivate the Roman Catholics….” yea, right! I’m seeing how gentle at heart you are in your comments to Roman Catholics to bring them to the Lord.
        I’m seeing how you flip over when I mention the word TORAH which is the only truth but it’s legalism to you.
        I see how your negative remarks about following the True Shabbat on a Saturday is a problem to you.
        I see how you celebrate Christmas and New Year and all those festivities – you are actually taking part with the Catholic church and yet criticizing them …
        I noticed how upset you got when I wrote the truth about speaking in tongues.
        And there are quite a few other things. So who should repent here? You or me? I’m not perfect but I do my best to follow in the footsteps of Yeshua. I keep his commandments that includes His Seven Feasts including Shabbat and not the Roman Feasts and Sunday sabbath like you do.
        Do you know the interpretation of when Yeshua said “If you want to follow me, deny yourself, pick up your cross and follow me”? Well find out the exact interpretation and start following him.. and let others on your blog learn it as well.

And if I have made you mad and you want to cut me off – no love lost.. Go ahead.

2. Dear Jes.

Sabbath Shalom.

You wrote:

My reply:

I am not mad at you. Your explanation that you do not want to motivate people to attack and loot Churches in valid and accepted.

3. Dear Jes.

Sabbath Shalom.

You wrote

My reply:

I believe Jesus wanted the Jews to clean up their own Temple and courtyards. That was in my opinion a wise move. Since we are not Roman Catholics, we should not bid to physically turn their tables. Since they claim to know the Messiah, we will use our resources to expose their false theology, and take a look at how false teachings lead to all kinds of tasteless manifestations.

4. Dear Jes.

Sabbath Shalom

You wrote:

My reply:

There is a lot of anger in this kind of line. If you want to obey the Torah, you have a lot of work to do. Let us agree that we both are in need of mercy and grace.

I believe that man is saved by faith alone, in Yeshua alone, separated from Torah observance and deeds. This is the core value of the New Covenant, and here I stand.

3. When I see a statue of Mary, I see a demon.
    The Word of God says behind every idol there is a demon. In every major Mary apparition the “entity” tells the witnesses to build an alter to her. That is demonic. Only Christ is worthy of worship. Catholics scoff at those how question why they “worship” Mary, stating that they don’t worship her. But explain this: a statue of Mary in a church to which you are to bow/kneel in front of, while reciting a collection of 153 prayers to her… Acknowledging that she is capable of facilitate ones salvation by mediating with her son…. When there are no such prayer beads for Christ.
    John MacArthur fies a great study of the Catholic idol/entity/belief system of Mary here:

4. “The children gather wood, the fathers kindle fire, and the women knead dough, to make cakes for the “queen of heaven”. And they pour out drink offerings to other gods, to PROVOKE ME TO ANGER” (Jer.7:18).

Anyone who hates the lies of the Roman Catholic church feels nothing but victory in seeing the photo of this sickening queen of heaven idol smashed in the street. But that doesn’t mean we condone vandalism. When Yeshua returns, He will cut off every carved image and pillar and the worshipers of Baal will NO MORE bow down to the work of their hands.

Those who call themselves Christians but who openly endorse the Roman Catholic church are agents working on satan’s behalf. The same is true for ministers who FAIL TO TAKE A STAND in warning others against this blasphemous system. They think that by remaining silent they will be exonerated from doing what Jesus requires — warning others, exposing evil, renouncing falsehood, and condemning lies. Their failure to act is a SIN OF OMISSION and will lead to eternal damnation.

In criminal law, an OMISSION (failure to act) constitutes guilt, is a breach of duty, and is penalized. By the same token, God will also penalize ministers who think it is okay to OMIT pertinent information about the Roman Catholic church — or fail to even mention it at all. They don’t seem to care that their silence of this topic is leading many to the fires of hell. They don’t understand that they are required to warn of the horrors that will come during the tribulation at the hand of this “church”. Why don’t they understand and act? The only explanation is that they have been deceived by satan and have taken this spiritual whore as a secret lover. WOE TO THEM!

If these ministers refuse to repent and cease to become the true Watchmen the Lord created them to be, they will one day SOON stand naked and ashamed before a Holy God. At this point, there will be no turning back for them.

“O son of man, I HAVE SET THEE A WATCHMAN unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me. IF THOU DOST NOT SPEAK TO WARN THE WICKED from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but HIS BLOOD WILL I REQUIRE AT THINE HAND. IF THOU WARN THE WICKED of his way to turn from it; if he do not turn from his way, he shall die in his iniquity; but THOU HAST DELIVERED THY SOUL” (Ezekiel 33:7-15).

“Be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. FOR THERE ARE MANY unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: WHOSE MOUTHS MUST BE STOPPED. TEACHING THINGS WHICH THEY OUGHT NOT. This witness is true. WHEREFORE REBUKE THEM SHARPLY, that they may be sound in the faith” (Titus 1:9-13).

1. Dear JM.

Sabbath Shalom.

You wrote:

My reply:

I Roger that. A true follower of the Messiah, will not rejoice over looting, hooliganism and vandalism. Not even when the Roman Catholic Church is the target.

Matthew 5:39
      But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.

If we all follow this example, there would not be any religious wars on the Face of the Earth. If anyone brings a sword to cut my head off, I am ready to go. Let not a single soul see me making a mockery out of my Masters teaching, by hitting another person.

2. HalleluYAH JM, and Praised be the Words of the YAH that come out of your mind on this comment …. and SHABBAT SHALOM … Berachot b’shem Yeshua HaMashiach
      Blessings in the name of Yeshua, the Messiah

Baruch haba b’shem Yeshua
      Blessed is He who comes in the name of the YEHOVAH. (Psalm 118:26/Matthew 21:9) … AMEIN.

The Great and Holy YEHOVAH, MELECH (King) can and will use ANYONE to destroy wickedness and idols, for HE IS THE CREATOR of Heaven and Earth. ALL WORSHIP is due to HIM ONLY and NONE to anyone else int his world (period). It is HIS discretion and HE will do as HE pleases…. So be it … I will stand and speak strong by firmly planting myself in the TORAH(YESHUA=SALVATION) who will save me and save those who listen to the WORDS of YESHUA – and not just “faith” that Christians teach.

Shalom

1. Dear Jes.

Shalom, and love in Yeshua.

You wrote:

My reply:

I know this reply was not to me, but I would like to ask you a question.

Can you have faith in Yeshua, without listen to His words?

The doctrine of justification by Faith alone do not exclude good deeds and observance of the Torah. This doctrine highlights that We can not not gain, win or buy a righteousness of our own, that can save us. We are not under the Law, but are saved by Mercy and grace. The blood of the lamb of God is the only atonement for sins. Yeshua is our only righteousness.

Our walk in Holiness is different from person to person. The process of sanctification will surely lead us into good deeds. Not to get saved, but because we are saved. What a Jew can do for his neighbor in Haifa, might be very different from what a man in Alaska is called to do. If we starts to measure our faith by looking at the deeds of others, we have missed the point:

I do not think you teach that only Torah observant Messianic Jews can be saved, and gentiles who convert to Messianic Judaism. If we try to make Torah observant Messianic Jews more “holy” than other Christians, we all need to take a deep look in the mirror.

5. There is such sadness and destruction in the world. I pray for the poor souls who promotes this kind of behavior, and also for the people who take action on these wicked impulses. My soul cries for all the lost souls this world has, and will see to the grave.
    May they all eventually find the peace and love of Christ.

Peacefully,

~Dashti~

6. Catholics do not worship statues. I am one and was never taught that they are anything but an artwork to concentrate your mind on God.

Question, do you have pictures of your family in your wallet? Do you look at them with love? Does this mean their spirit or a demon is in there? NO. Of course not. The argument is just ridiculous.

As for the justification argument a great paper to read is
    THE JOINT DECLARATION ON THE DOCTRINE OF JUSTIFICATION
    by the Lutheran World Federation and the Catholic Church

Finally, anyone who says they hate a church or person has already sinned in his heart according to Jesus. May we all love.

1. Dear Michael.

Shalom, and welcome to this site.

Roman Catholics and Lutherans are fee to express their views on this site. Also defend their ecumenical work, a bid to build an end time union that delete the Reformation.

But do not publish links for any external website. It is not permitted. Please keep on debating the concerned topics, raised in the published articles.