Both the true Messiah and the anti-Messiah will perform miracles. True faith in Jesus is accepting Him as the only way to Heaven, and doing the will of our Father.
People who do not believe in sign and miracles, should read the book of Deuteronomy.
Deuteronomy 13: 1-4
If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder, and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, “Let us follow other gods” (gods you have not known) “and let us worship them,” you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul. It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.
God allows us to experience miracles for many reasons:
A: God wants to test our motivation:
1. To test if we demands a miracle to believe in him.
2. To see if we take credit for the miracle that has occurred.
3. To see if we start collecting money for the miracles performed.
4. To see if the miracle performed, lead us to follow other Gods.
B: Our God is a God of great miracles:
You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.
C: That God performs miracles, is no guarantee that people will believe in Him
When our fathers were in Egypt, they gave no thought to your miracles; they did not remember your many kindnesses, and they rebelled by the sea, the Red Sea.
D: That miracles has occurred, is no guaranty that Jesus will acknowledge the workers of miracles:
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
E: That Jesus performed miracles, was no guaranty that people repented from their sins:
[ Woe on Unrepentant Cities ] Then Jesus began to denounce the cities in which most of his miracles had been performed, because they did not repent.
“Woe to you, Korazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago, sitting in sackcloth and ashes.
F: Jesus could not perform many miracles, where people did not have faith in Him:
And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith.
He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them.
G: God permits false «Jesus´es» and prophets to perform miracles:
For false Christ’s and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.
H: Jesus did not tell his disciples to stop workers of miracles:
Do not stop him,” Jesus said. “No one who does a miracle in my name can in the next moment say anything bad about me.
I: Jesus performed miracles to make stubborn people believe in God the Father:
Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.
“Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.
J: Simon saw many miracles, and wanted to buy the Miracles powers with money:
Simon himself believed and was baptized. And he followed Philip everywhere, astonished by the great signs and miracles he saw.
K: Paul was a worker of miracles:
God did extraordinary miracles through Paul,
2 Corinthians 12:12
The things that mark an apostle—signs, wonders and miracles—were done among you with great perseverance.
L: One gift of the Holy Spirit, is to be a miracle worker:
1 Corinthians 12:28
And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues.
M: In the end times, the disciples of Satan will have the power to perform miracles:
2 Thessalonians 2:9
The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders.
Since there are both true and false miracles in our days. How can we discern the difference between miracles?
1. Will give Jesus Christ all the honor and glory.
2. The performer, will not take any credit for performing miracles.
3. There will be no demand for money from the miracles worker.
4. The miracle worker will preach the need for repentance, to avoid eternal judgment. (Healing without repentance, has no value).
5. The miracles will lead people to lasting repentance.
6. The worker of miracles will set people free, to follow Jesus Christ.
7. People will not demand a miracles to believe in the message from Jesus Christ. The miracle often surface to confirm the present direction, or to show the new direction in the middle of a cross road.
Satan will like to perform a miracle in the name of «Jesus» when:
1. When some kind of strange and unknown «Jesus» is preached.
2. There is no preaching about repentance, u-turns.
3. The miracle worker will take some credit.
4. The miracle worker will collect money to perform.
5. The miracle will not have a lasting effect (Healing, etc.)
6. The miracle worker will attach his audience to follow his ministry.
7. People will demand a miracles, to believe that Jesus Christ exist . (A unfaithful and wicked generation).